The Pathways program is our Christian Education curriculum for elementary school age children, grades K through 5. The children rotate by grade level through a variety of fun activities such as art, cooking, drama, science, and film to teach Bible stories. Each Sunday the journey begins in the Monroe Wells Building upstairs in Hillside Theatre with singing led by our M4K music staff. Church School for Children meets at 10:00 a.m. (except during the summer months) in the Monroe Wells Education Building unless otherwise noted.
The Pathways program is our Christian Education curriculum for elementary school aged children, grades K - 5. Sunday School for children meets at 10:00 a.m. (except during the summer months) in the Monroe Wells Education Building unless otherwise noted.
New for 2015-2016: Growing in Grace and Gratitude - a new PC(USA) curriculum. Join us as we explore what it means to talk about grace (a gift from God) and gratitude (our response to God's generous gift).
When your children are at church, they will gather to explore and respond to God's grace and be sent out to love and serve God by being:
- Rooted in the foundation of Presbyterian identity where God's grace and our gratitude are the heartbeat of our faith, life, and worship;
- Invited to discipleship that inspires them to learn and practice hospitality, generosity, and love; and
- Encouraged to reach beyond Sunday mornings and church walls to live their lives as an expression of God's grace.
Each Sunday the journey begins upstairs in Hillside Theatre with singing led by our M4K music staff. Then a Storyteller comes to share the Bible story with the entire group. This new element of our program provides an opportunity for a variety of adults to join in the leadership and to share the Good News of the Bible. Following the Bible story, the group is divided into age groups to respond to the story through activities. The activities include arts/crafts, games, drama, and more.
When your children are at home, use these tools to explore God's grace and gratitude each day:
- Grace Sightings: the weekly Bible story with age-appropriate activities for your family to do at home.
- Audio Recordings: the weekly Bible story brought to life by endearing readings and sound effects.
- E-book: the quarter's colorful illustrations, Bible stories, and Grace Sightings in iBook and Kindle formats.
Find these tools at: http://www.growinggracegratitude.org/for-the-home.html.
If you would like to volunteer in our Pathways program you can serve as a Storyteller or a Small Group Leader. Click here to volunteer.